“A growing economy wherein enterprises thrive”
To lead, coordinate, support, implement and champion inclusive economic growth for the people of the North West Province through:
- Economic Planning and Development
- Enterprise Development, and
- Effective Regulatory Services
The following values, derived from the Constitution, underpin the activities of the Department of Economy and Enterprise Development
- Fairness, in that the Department will at all times act in a fair manner towards executing its responsibilities.
- Equity, as the Department is committed to treating all clients and employees equitably in all respects.
- Accessibility, in that the Department will remain accessible to its stakeholders and role players in the course of executing its responsibilities.
- Transparency, in that the Department undertakes to be transparent in the conduct of its core business.
- Accountability, in that the Department will at all times take full accountability for its business actions and decisions.
- Participation in that the Department will continue to participate fully in all areas of its responsibility to satisfy the needs of our clients and stakeholders
- Good governance, to which the Department will always strive to adhere to at all times.
LEGISLATIVE AND OTHER MANDATES
- The Constitution of South Africa, 1996
- The RDP White Paper;
- The National GEAR Strategy;
- The Consumer Affairs Practices (Harmful Business Practices) Act 4 of 1996;
- Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008
- National Credit Act 34 of 2005
- Liquor Act, 1989;
- The North West Gambling Act of 2002;
- The Public Service Act, 1994;
- The Public Finance Management Act, 2000;
- The Public Service Regulations, 2001;
- The White Paper on transformation of the Public Service Delivery (Batho Pele) 1997;
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000;
- The Cooperatives Act (2005)
- The National Spatial Development Perspectives (NSDP)
- Small Business Act, 1995 (currently under review)
- Provincial SMME strategy
- North West Provincial Growth and Development Strategy (2004-2014),
- North West Spatial Development Initiatives Strategy,
- Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act,
- Rural Development Strategy including Integrated Sustainable Rural Development Strategy,
- Urban Renewal Strategy,
- Macro-Economic Reform Strategy,
- Integrated Manufacturing Strategy,
- Cooperatives Amendment Act of 2013
- Co-Operatives Act, 2005
- The Regional Industrial Development Strategy (RIDS)
- The National Industrial Development Framework